Digital marketing is not a marketing fad. It’s a proven marketing strategy that’s here to stay. Therefore; a word of advice to every marketing undergraduate out there, a specialisation in digital marketing is a good career option.
Digital marketing is a wide subject. It includes social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing & search marketing; to name a few. In short, digital marketing encompases many other popular forms of marketing and, due to the vastness of the subject-matter involved; there is a substantial demand for digital marketers in companies.
If you do not believe us; just go ahead and look at some of the popular job portals online. All you will find is ‘Digital Marketing Executive’; ‘Social Media Manager’; ‘Digital Marketing Strategist’ etc.
Now, it’s common knowledge that India’s educational infrastructure is not the best in the world. Finding the right digital marketing course in India is hard because not many reputed MBA schools offer a masters course in digital marketing. There are many educational startups and online portals that offer certificate courses but in terms of a concrete course; with a postgraduate degree; the options are few and far in between.
Given below are some of the best MBA schools in India that offer Digital Marketing:
1. RVS Institute of Management, Sulur, Tamil Nadu
Although not a very well known college, it’s one of the only Indian colleges that offers students an opportunity to pursue a MBA in Digital Marketing. Trainedge has collaborated with the college to improve the course content delivery and make it a better course; all-around. Real-time projects make it a very practical-oriented course. Most of the faculty who teach here are from IIM or ISB; thereby giving students access to some of the best minds in the industry.
2. iMET Global, Delhi
iMET is a global community to develop, promote and encourage innovation, Mentorship, Entrepreneurship and Talent building with Practitioner’s or Doer’s perspective.
It was launched on April 2, 2011 at IIT Delhi (interestingly the same day we won our cricket world cup too!!).
As an entity, iMET is a part of Pradurbhav Foundation, a section 8 company (a more legal format of a Trust/Society) committed towards new age Education, Research and Social Welfare.
iMET’s initiatives since inception are –
For Institutes /College/ Universities/Education Sector- Bridging Industry-Academia Gap:
1) Industry Interface Program (IIP)
2) Entrepreneurship Development
3) FDPs / MDPs / Train the Trainer
4) Building CoEs-E-Cell, Incubator, Accelerator, Incubator, Placement Cell, Infra to Institute
5) Out Bound Learning Camps- OBL Camps
For Start up/ Entrepreneurs/ MSMEs-
1) Learning Events- Boot Camps, Conferences, Seminars
2) Process Consulting
3) Alliances & Partnerships
4) Resourcing & Funding
5) Business Networking Sessions
For Corporates/ Professionals-
1) Intrapreneurship Orientation
2) Boot Camps/ Workshops/ Training
3) Out Bound Learning Camps (OBL) & Offsite Training
4) Business Consulting/ Train The Trainer
3. Suryadatta Institute of Business Management, Pune
The course offered in this college is known by the name: MBA (Digital Media and Communication Marketing). It may not exactly by ‘digital marketing’ but the course teaches students a lot of important digital marketing nuances. It’s a two year course. It’s a normal MBA course with digital media and communication marketing being the main elective.
4. Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
The Xavier Institute of Management and Research is one of the most well-known MBA colleges that offer a course in digital marketing. It does not specifically have a MBA course to offer. But instead, there’s a Masters of Management Studies course with digital marketing as a specialisation subject. It’s a full-time, two year course.
5. RIMT University, Punjab
It’s one of the only colleges in India that offers a straight MBA in just Digital Marketing. However, the course structure is similar to the other colleges. The course is a two-year, full-time course. Presently, the college does not have a ‘university’ status. Instead, it has the title of ‘deemed to be university’. It’s a private college that was founded in 2001.
6. JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
A unique course it has to offer but one that’s probably going to be the most valuable in the future. The college offers a MBA in Digital Marketing and Web Analytics; two sought after, growing fields. It’s a full-time, two-year course. The university is young, founded less than a decade ago in 2011. It’s a private university but is UGC approved and is also a member of the AIU.
7. Integral University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
The course offered here is a MBA in Digital Marketing and E-Commerce. It’s a private university that’s part of the AIU. UGC approved; NAAC gave it a ‘B’ grade. It’s a full-time course that takes up two years of one’s life.
8. Centurion University of Technology, Bhubaneswar
A private university, it’s UGC approved and holds Grade ‘A’ accreditation received from NAAC. The university is also a member of the AIU. It has a great digital marketing course: MBA in Digital Marketing and E-Commerce. Like most other digital marketing postgraduate courses; it’s a two-year, full-time course.
In addition to these colleges, some other top universities that offer an MBA with digital marketing as a specialization in India, are:
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MBA with specialisation option of Digital Marketing)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Master Business Administration (MBA with specialization option of Digital Marketing)
- RNB Global University (MBA in Digital Marketing and E-Business)
- SGT University (MBA with specialisation option of Digital Marketing)
- Sir Padampat Singhania University (MBA in Digital Marketing and E-Business)